I am a Registered Clinical Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council. I have been trained to work across the lifespan and with a range of psychological difficulties. I have worked with children, adolescents, families, adults of working age, older adults and people with learning disabilities. In my private practice, I work with adults over the age of 18 and also undertake Expert Witness work.
Working with people who are experiencing problems that many of us commonly face during our lives, whether that is anxiety, low mood and depression, bereavement, specific phobias (such as flying), low self-esteem or generally struggling to cope with life, is something that I find fulfilling. My aim is to help each person to understand and find ways to take control of their past, present and future.
I also have a particular interest in providing therapy to people who are living with health problems and are struggling to cope, whether these are short or long-term diagnoses. Examples include diabetes, cancer, recovery after injury or illness, and hearing loss. In addition, I work with individuals who are caring for people with health conditions and need support and guidance in managing this role.
I have also completed a British Psychological Society approved supervision training course and can offer clinical supervision to psychological therapists. Please contact me if you are looking for a clinical supervisor and we can discuss your requirements.
• Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy), University of Plymouth
• Bond Solon Expert Witness Certificate, Cardiff Law School
• Postgraduate Certificate in Mental Health Practice in Primary Care (PGCert), University of Plymouth
• Certificate in Counselling Skills, Bridgwater College
• Graduate Diploma in Psychology (GradDip), Oxford Brookes University
• English (BA Hons), University of Wales, Aberystwyth
• Chartered status (C Psychol) with the British Psychological Society (BPS)
• Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (AFBPsS)
• Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (registration number: PYL26669) Online HCPC registration check
• A member of the BPS Division of Clinical Psychology